Monday, April 30, 2012

Great news!

No pics this post, but hopefully later on tonight when I'm home and can take pictures. I've got another finish to share and also a pattern of my own design that I need advice on. I also have a new project to show you as well. Wow! sounds like I've been busy rather than slacking off! I will be deliriously busy over the next three or four months...and this is why:

My husband and I are in the process of buying a house!  We are so excited, and yes..my head is spinning thinking of everything we need to do!  The house is a charming bungalow in a small town near to my husband's job. It also has a creek on the property! ( no worries, it doesn't flood so we don't have to deal with that or buying expensive flood insurance!)

Ever since I read the Anne of Green Gable series I have always wanted a house near a creek. In case you haven't already noticed I'm very romantic and sentimental! We need to do some minor work to it: mainly painting, refinishing the hardwood floors and other small repairs. We will be doing most of these activities before we move into the house.

So, for a short time period, this cross stitching blog will become a home restoration blog!  I promise to keep stitching but I probably won't get as much accomplished-- but it will be worth it in the end. The house has enough room to accommodate a craft room, library and also a "man-cave" for my husband. Although I told him he can't call it a man-cave because--well--I hate that term. I also have more wall space for, er...finished cross stitch projects!

Before I forget, thank you to all my new followers! I am so very pleased that you've joined us. May you find many pleasant moments here!

Happy Stitching!

Beth B.

No comments:

Post a Comment