Sunday, April 8, 2012

The First post!

I love cross stitch. I have loved cross stitch since I was 18 years old. My first finish was a small rabbit that I still have today. One of these days I will share a picture with you. It was a quick and easy pattern and I was so proud of it, especially once it was finished in a small oval frame. I had no idea that such a simple project would materialize into such a life long passion.

Here I am, at 45 years old still cross stitching. Recently, I have come across the wonderful world of  stitching blogs and have received so much inspiration that I have decided to start my own.

Along with sharing my recent cross stitch projects I also plan on sharing some of my own designs--at least once I figure out how to do it!  Additionally, I paint and do many other crafts so I hope to share those as well.

Onto my current project, which, coincidentally also has a rabbit in it---actually two rabbits. It's a new design by Just Nan entitled "Flowering Crown". This has been an enjoyable stitch and it doesn't take long to see a lot of progress!

I've chosen a beautiful 32ct. fabric from Picture This Plus. It's called Crystal Sorbet and has iridescent threads running through it. I've never used glittery fabric before and I think I may be addicted!

That's it for this post.Welcome to my blog and I hope you find some pleasure and inspiration from these pages. Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment